Ahoy friends. First, TIL that maybe McDonald’s didn’t make that pamphlet, but just allowed it. I missed a disclaimer at the bottom that said McDonald’s
“…does not endorse or control this program, but permits Wealth Watchers International and Visa Inc. to make this offer available.”
Second, some updates to posts that you might have missed
- Chase — your mileage may vary. In last week’s post about how I handle loose change, Chase came out on top because I had been told by customer service reps on the phone and Twitter that I could just bring in a bunch of unwrapped change for deposit. Huzzah, right? Wrong. Upon walking in with piggy banks, I was brought paper wrappers and spent my Saturday morning putting coins in tubes.
- Did you notice that Malkam Dior himself replied twice in the comments of my post on $500 hair? Dior, if you’re still reading, you will always have an open invitation of an unedited response.
- Did you read my essay on running and personal finance on My Alternate Life at this link? I like it.
- I addressed a comment on which is the best day of the week to buy airline tickets on my post about saving money on flights. Basically, the logic for why buying on Tuesday afternoon and the weekends sounds legit, but I have yet to see conclusive proof. If someone can point to some, I’d be very appreciative.
Some things I’m reading this week:
- In fitness, Morganne at Nut Butter Runner talks about food, cardio, and the calisthenics that make up “The No-Crunch Ab Attack”
- Tonya at Budget and the Beach explores whether dating and frugality can coexist in “How to Date on a Budget”
ShannonSicorra at The Heavy Purse blog asks “At what age should your teen get a job?” and even offers some options for things to look out for.
Have a safe, fun weekend everyone!