Oh hi! After a rough August, there are a number of things I’d like to carry out in September.
Personal finance goalsAugust was especially rough when it came to personal finance goals, so I’m looking to get back on track in September
- Pay $2,400 toward student loans. $1,200 with each bi-weekly paycheck.
- Lower my cellular data use. by 99% from 2 gb to 20 mb. Ideally, this would go to zero, but I know I’m doing multiple solo, inter-borough, night bike trips and don’t want to tempt myself to not look up directions
- Come up with a plan for my soon-to-reset credit card balance transfer. This $10,500 ticking time bomb that is my credit card balance, now at 0% after a no-fee balance transfer, is set to go off in January. My goal is to post a plan by the end of the month; possible options are: (1) Roll it over into a new balance transfer offer, (2) in January, suspend student loan payments to start paying off the credit card balance, (3) suspend student loan payments now to start paying off the credit card balance, or (4) use emergency fund to pay off a large part of it.
Fitness goalsThe warm weather of summer offers a great opportunity for outdoor fitness and fresh produce; I have not taken advantage of this opportunity
- 40 servings of fruits or vegetables. Because they’re good for me. This includes fruits in juice form and nuts (but not peanuts)
- Run 80 miles. I did a laughable amount of running in August and have a longer race in October that I need to get some training in for
Blog goalsGoals to improve this blog
Define goals for the Financial Conference 2013. My big splurge of August was buying my way into FinCon13 in October. In order to get the most out of it, I want to do all my research and have a list of what I hope to carry out, the topics I hope to learn more about, and the people I want to meet, by the end of this month.
Start a series. One of the topics on which I can make a useful contribution to the internet body of knowledge is on the lessons I learned on paying for school — whether done before, during or after. True, I’ve done one or two posts at a time, but I’d like to start a months-long series on several sub-topics that I publish weekly. By the end of this month, if not sooner, my goal is to have a list of all the topics, as well as post the first in the series.
And that’s that! Wish me luck, all 🙂